Bringing joy in the lives of the underprivileged
Empowering Minds is comprised of a team of highly skilled professionals with diverse qualifications and experience in applied research, training, program management, development communication and community outreach that aims to empower society to attain better quality of life and sustained development.
The mission is to provide Education and create awareness among the children, youth and women. To promote mental and physical health care and support, among individuals and groups
The right to education is one of the basic human rights for ensuring a healthy and happy society. But in India, less than half of the children aged 6 – 14 years go to School. Many of them are subjected to working as Child labour owing to their parent’s poor socio economic condition. They are marginalized and socially excluded. Dejected, ignorant and aimless, most of them resort to unhealthy activities leading to unsafe atmosphere and become the cause of depletion in the law and order situation of the country and greatly hamper the progress of the nation.
With this aim in mind EM runs two primary level community schools, catering to about 250 children from the marginalized section. The respective Schools are located in Arthala- an urban slum of Ghaziabad, in the state of U.P. The children coming here belong to extremely low income group families who cannot afford to send their children to Schools. EM acts as a bridge between these out of School kids and the mainstreamed education system. We have 3 programs to help maximise the healthy growth of a child
- Nutrition program - The program provides nutritious food items to children like sprouts, eggs, cereals and fruits etc. With awareness workshop for children, parents and the community, rallies were taken out by the children and the staff in the community.
- The school health program - Under our School Health program, a regular pdysical and mental health check-up of children and teachers are carried out. The project focusses on the nutrition education with a broad range of activities that promote healthy eating behaviours in children and also in the community through integrated programs and events.
- Sports and games - Regular sports and games keeps a child mentally and physically healthy. Annual Sports Day is an important event in the life of every school. Children are given prizes and certificates based on their performances in the games and sports.
- Sensitises the affected individuals their family members and the society in general to reduce vulnerabilities through relevant options that promotes healthy living.
- Facilitates and promote capacity building of relevant Individuals, Groups and Organisations and act as a Resource centre for them.
- Facilitates sustained growth through Research and Development.
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors