In our country, there are hardly any facilities for physically challenged and orphan youth for their higher education and administrative career. For visually impaired and hearing impaired youth study material, teaching resources, technology, and other facilities are not available for higher education. Government and various non-governmental organizations do work for rehabilitation and welfare of these children but their focus is largely on children (age below 18 years) and welfare through providing alternative livelihood opportunities.
Government and NGOs runs various shelter homes but the orphan children need to leave them once they become 18 years old. The government also provides relaxation and reservations for children who are differently-abled in job and education but the benefit hardly reaches the intended beneficiaries because most of them do not get the chance and necessary support for pursuing education beyond HSC.
As a result of all this, thousands of youth who are orphan and/or are differently able, who have passed HSC exam and, in some cases, have also completed their graduation, do not have necessary support systems and resources to pursue higher education, are unable to become employable and are unable to compete with other youth from better social background.
- Deepstambh provides / will provide integrated long-term assistance & support to selected youth through manobal project free residential training center for competitive examinations like UPSC, MPSC, Staff selection, Bank recruitment, etc. for a period of 1 to 3 years as per requirement of students.
- Deepstambh has developed and is continuously developing appropriate and custom study material and curriculum which is useful for competitive examination.
- For visually impaired and hearing impaired youth, Deepstambh has trained special trainers, counselors, and teachers.
- Deepstambh provides technology training like usage of computer / Android mobile recorder, etc. and the necessary infrastructure is made available.
- Special counseling sessions and workshops are arranged for their overall personality development and career guidance.
- Deepstambh is working with youth for the last many years and has been trying to empower them through the provision of necessary support systems, guidance and appropriate training for competitive exams and for better livelihood opportunities. These programs of Deepstambh have provided very encouraging results in the last 7 years - 47 students with disability and 122 orphans, schedule tribes and schedule cast students have become government officers and have gained meaningful employment.
We wish that thousands of less privileged youth from rural tribal areas, physically challenged & orphan youth will get higher posts & opportunities in Government examinations & different fields of career. Having first-hand experience of all sufferings, they will take appropriate decisions & implement them sensitively in their areas of work. Then only the dream of equality & humanity will be in reality. With this, we want to change the thinking & approach of society towards these youth, as they are human beings like us and can do anything.
- Students get a permanent source of income.
- It’s a transformation not only for life of especially able, orphan youth but also in his family.
- The student will also contribute to and inspire other deprived students.
- The overall society & system get sensitized and receives a positive message.
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors