Every Step Counts... Every Drop Counts
The Kazhipattur lake located on the arterial OMR just outside of Siruseri is a water body that one cannot miss. This water body adjacent to the Buckingham Canal and being fed by a westwardly stream is one of the last left freshwater bodies of this neighborhood. In an effort to protect what is left and to keep it clean The Chennai Runners and E.F.I are collaborating to revive this water body.
With permissions from the Greater Chennai Corporation, funding through the Chennai Runners team, we at E.F.I. are initiating a collaborative conservation effort to revive this water body. Our interventions are listed below
- To clear the trash, construction debris and invasive weeds from the water body
- To calculate and deepen the water body to increase its water holding capacity
- To strengthen the circumference embankment to ensure stability
- To regulate the inflow and outflow systems
- To plant native saplings along the earthen embankment
- To fence the lake and prevent future abuse
We are expecting the following outcomes
- A protected lake in Western Chennai
- Increased water holding
- Prevent localized inundation or scarcity conditions due to a better management
Any contribution / denomination /currency is accepted. Start as little as 100/200/500 to this account.I relay on your support to get the lakes restored by this NGO and come out of the water crisis in the coming years!
Watch the videos for reference on this project :