Play For a Cause- CoronaSeKaruna
COVID-19 is an emergency on a scale we have not seen before. The pandemic will send thousands of underprivileged families into extreme poverty if we don’t ACT NOW - and here’s why.
There is very little or no awareness about hygiene and preventive measures. Social distancing is also not too much of an option in these small hutments, where there is barely enough roof over their heads for everyone. If even one person gets infected, the virus would spread exponentially in these villages. If we don’t provide them a safety net now, every one of them, their children and other dependants are in danger.
The daily wagers are already badly affected due to the nation-wide lockdown. To add to this, the influx of people in rural areas due to reverse migration has put tremendous pressure on available scarce resources in the last 3 weeks. Local resources available will barely be able to sustain for another few days.
With the support of our brave front-line responders - medical practitioners, nurses & volunteers, we have launched two drives.
The Preventive Care Drive comprises of :
- Visits by healthcare workers & volunteers to spread awareness w.r.t importance of social distancing, correct methods to cough/sneeze, wash hands, etc.
- Distribution of essential kits including items like liquid hand soaps (FDA approved), etc.
- Distribution of snack packs (FSSAI approved) and essential medicines
- Distribution of masks to susceptible cases
- Providing support to the Govt. medical centres with medical infrastructure & equipment
The Grocery Distribution Drive comprises of :
- Families in most need from each village have been shortlisted
- Grocery kit will suffice to sustain livelihood for a month of one household with 8 persons
- It contains essential items like rice (60kgs), toor dal or pigeon pea (4kgs), chana dal or bengal gram (4kgs), wheat flour (20kgs), pulses (3kgs), spices (1kg), salt (2kgs), red chilli powder (2 kgs), edible oil (3kgs), sugar (3kgs), tea (1kg), khakhra-snack (2pkts), biscuits (2pkts) and bathing soap (3pcs).
This is being done under supervision of the Police authorities, Tehsildar & Govt. authorities, while strictly following social distancing guidelines to avoid gathering people.
We plan to spread awareness and provide grocery kits to 6000 households (and thus 60,000+ villagers) across 100+ backward & tribal villages of Raigad district, just 90 kms from Mumbai.
We have already distributed hygiene kits to 4000 families and grocery kits to 600 families as on 10th April 2020; and will continue to strive towards uplifting the lives of under-privileged in the interiors of Maharashtra.
Regular updates about our work are shared on our Insta & FB pages (@mission2020.me)
A donation of INR 5000 can provide a month’s ration for a family of 8 persons. We seek your hearty support in this initiative by supporting as many families as possible and helping us build strong response capabilities on-ground.
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors