Ghar Ki Aas - India Against Corona (IAC)
Ghar Ki Aas - Helping our stranded fellow citizens to reach their home
Ghar Ki Aas is a project run by TYCIA Foundation, working to help migrant workers reach their homes respectfully and while abiding by all government norms.
The COVID-19 crisis has been extremely damaging for the migrant workers and their families, who have lost livelihood and have no means to sustain themselves.
India Against Corona (IAC) initiative, led by TYCIA Foundation has been helping daily wage earners and families with supply of dry ration since first lockdown (end March). We have supported 16,000+ families across 16 cities in 4 states of Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (MP), Delhi and Assam. (details below)
Now, we aim to respectfully transport back stranded workers who are stranded in border areas of Delhi & Noida to their respective homes in UP, MP, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand and anywhere else in India.
We have mobilised our resources and come to you to help us support the most vulnerable community in this time of crisis. The funds raised through this campaign will support in:
1. Travelling from the place of origin to the destination in a bus. The bus charges approximately INR 45 per km (which includes to and fro from the place of origin, it includes diesel charges and tolls).
2. Two cooked and hygienically packed meals & water (INR 200 per person)
3. A sanitation kit that includes face mask, gloves, sanitizer, sanitary napkins etc. (INR 100 per person)
4. If a small group is in need for travel, and we do not have any bus scheduled for that area, we try and buy their tickets privately and help them board a bus already scheduled for that destination. (cost of this varies from INR 2,000 to INR 4,000, depending on the distance)
5. The minor operational costs which includes approvals from govt., contingencies, tips for service providers etc.
Based on our evolving experience and the escalating situation, we aim to support the families by arranging and transporting at least 20 more buses.
Our efforts have been recognized in the Hindu newspaper: https://bit.ly/2ANC5jjIn case, you wish to donate directly to TYCIA Foundation, please donate (tax exempted under 80G) to:
Account Name: TYCIA FOUNDATION
Account Number: 100071843794
IFSC Code: INDB0000168
Beneficiary Bank - IndusInd Bank
India Against Corona (IAC) donation link: https://bit.ly/345MZvG
More details are available on our Covid Crisis work at:
* We have amended the TYCIA Foundation's Facebook and Instagram page to the India Against Corona initiative
TYCIA Foundation website: https://www.tyciafoundation.org/