Maval Dairy: Help rural women dairy farmers repay their loans
Maval Dairy Farmers Services Producer Company is formed by 1500 women Dairy farmers from Maval Region. It is Maharashtra’s 1st Dairy Producer company which is Run, Owned and Managed by Women Dairy Board of Directors and Women shareholders.
Maval Dairy has recently established a new well equipped Dairy Plant with capacity of 10,000 liters of milk per day, which is scalable to 25000 liters per day. Presently, Liquid Cow Milk as well as buffalo milk is pasteurized and sold in 500 ml pack with a Tag line - Always fresh and Pure, which is available to customers within 18 hours of milk collection. Additionally, milk derivatives like- Ghee, Shrikhand, Amrakhand, Curds, Khoya, Pedha, Paneer and Buttermilk are produced, which adds to the glory.
In this pandemic (Covid), Maval dairy business is at a low ebb as the market has dipped considerably. Due to this scenario, Maval dairy is presently facing a severe financial crisis. Maval Dairy is in dire need of grants and funds to sustain the present business operations and scale it. There is an ambitious plan to enhance milk collection, pasteurization and also penetrate the markets of Pune, Talegaon, Lonavala, Kamshet, Chakan, Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune, Khopoli, Panvel, Khargar etc. by extending their geographical coverage to additional 15 villages and setting up installations to collect additional milk.
Each grant will help the Women Dairy Farmers to face this pandemic and help them to augment the livelihood of poor farmers of remote and tribal villages. You will play a pivotal role in helping these needy but enthusiastic poor rural women in earning their livelihood.
- Scale milk collection and pasteurization by establishing new milk collection centres.
- Connect Milk Producers directly with customers though Market Penetration and established Maval Dairy Brand in Market.
- Intensify Feed & Fodder services for Dairy Animals.
- Enhance Livestock services for Dairy animals.
- 51 days Training to 102 Dairy Farmers on Clean & hygienic Milk Pasteurization as well as training to 22 Women dairy farmers for next generation leadership programs.
- Launch milk derivatives like Shrikhand, Ghee, Curds, in new markets.
- Enhance market linkages with Bulk as well as Retail customers in new geography.
- To ensure sustainability of the Dairy Enterprise which is owned & managed by Women Farmers. We would also like to see Maval Dairy become the 2nd Amul of India.
- To enhance the livelihood of women and farmers from near by areas.
- Employment for 70 local youth for Dairy Operations. Significant, and competitive market linkages.
- Increase in Farmers Income up to 90 K income per month.
- More than 6.25 Cr. farmers income generated through this program.
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors
- Top Donors
- Recent Donors