Covid-19 Relief : Keeping Mumbaikars nourished, safe and healthy
Swasth Foundation is an 11-year old non-profit, working towards building a sustainable and accountable health ecosystem. Our response to Covid-19 comprises 4 key interventions :
- Essential medical services: Free medicine refills, consultations and doctor prescribed tests for chronic patients such as diabetics and hypertensives, who are at highest risk of developing Covid-19 complications. All other patients get free consultation, with tests and medicines at a significant discount to market (25 to 60%). Offered through our 18 medical centers across Mumbai slums, and innovative tele-consultation, accessible by patients from their homes.
- Community education: “Smart Bano, Swasth Raho” campaign to motivate them to stay healthy and empower them with the right information on Covid-19 prevention, immunity-wellness enhancement. Phone calls to high risk patients (based on age and disease profile) to support them in managing the situation and providing advice of safety and wellbeing, both physical and mental. A Facebook page for mass engagement. Easy access to all services through a single, phone-friendly webpage in Hindi for patients.
- Dry ration provisioning (with grain and pulses) to vulnerable and affected families, to provide food security for 2 weeks (at USD 10 per family)
- PPEs to public health system: Personal Protective Equipment such as N95 respirator masks and eye wear, donated to front line staff at public hospitals, urban health posts, field staff of NGOs, police personnel and other relief workers in Mumbai. (USD 5 per unit)
Our centers cover a total catchment of 500,000 lives, and so, a lot more remains to be done. We seek your support to expand the reach of these efforts during this crucial and dynamic time! . Your support will enable launching of new initiatives also - a mobile App for healthcare and wellness services and content, and supporting other NGOs with resources, knowledge and training to multiply our collective impact.
About Us: Swasth Foundation (https://www.swasth.org/) is a 12 year old Mumbai based non-profit founded and managed by professionals from IIT with experience at McKinsey & Co. We are committed to health and joy for all, by providing affordable and high-quality primary-preventive health services. We operate a network of 18 primary health centers located in the slums of Mumbai. Each center provides comprehensive primary care services (doctor and dentist consultation, medicines, diagnostics) at half the market rates to a catchment of 25,000+ families. Swasth has served over 1.2 million patient visits, delivering direct savings of ~INR 15 crore to patients, with a 4.2 star satisfaction rating.
For more information, please visit the following Facebook pages
- Stories from the field, our activities - https://www.facebook.com/SwasthIndia/
- Community education content - https://www.facebook.com/smartbanoswasthraho