Help raise funds for 3000 Women Wastepickers
The coronavirus pandemic has disproportionately affected informal workers, but those who work in the area of sanitation have been hit the hardest. As access to waste has reduced and the country gone into lockdown, women waste picker in Maharashtra have been deprived of their source of income.
On the other hand, many erstwhile waste pickers who work as Compost Unit Operators, Biogas Plant Operators and Dry Waste Segregators, have no option but to go to work everyday. They do not have access to Personal Protective Equipment such as soaps, masks and gloves that can reduce their susceptibility to disease, putting them at a frontline risk to the disease.
Stree Mukti Sanghatana, through its Parisar Vikas program, is working with over 3000 waste pickers in Mumbai Metropolitan Region alone.
We wish to provide for -
- Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, masks and soaps for the waste pickers who are providing the essential service of cleaning our city
- Daily necessities like ration, soaps and other essentials to those who have been forced to stay at home due to unavailability of waste to pick. To support them, we are making kits containing essential items.
- Direct cash donations to fund bills and other expenses for survival to the waste picker communities.
All your contributions can be exempted under 80G of Income Tax Act, if you wish to avail tax benefits. You can write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of your payment details.
Find below bank details:
Name: Stree Mukti Sanghatana
Saving Bank A/c No. : 10716856760
IFSC/ RTGS Code: SBIN0000353
MIRC Code no.: 400002021
Account Type: Saving Bank Account
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch Address: Dadar Millennium Branch, Sharifa Mansion, Swami Gyanjivandas Marg, Dadar (East), Mumbai -400 014
You may write to us in case of any queries.
About the organisation :
Established in 1975, Stree Mukti Sanghatana has been working towards women empowerment for over four decades. It was formed with the clear objectives of spreading awareness about gender equality, rights of women, and prevention of violence. We work at an absolute grassroot level and strive to restore rights and dignity of women within the family structure and the society. Our play ‘Mulgi Zali Ho’ (Girl is Born) opened doors for women to interact and share their problems with us.
The Parisar Vikas program was launched in the year 1998 by the Stree Mukti Sanghatana with the cooperation of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM). The program aims to address the problems of waste management through awareness, training and self reliance.
This program's core functions are financial assistance for education, health, housing, family functions and management of scarp shops for and by the waste pickers. The women are organized into SHGs and are affiliated with a federation.
Jyoti Mhapsekar, President of Stree Mukti Sanghatana addressing our Parisar Bhaginis
President of Parisar Bhagini Vikas Sangh, Jyoti Sable speaking to our Parisar Bhaginis
Our other programs:
1. Family counseling centers
2. Jidnyasa – a program for adolescents
3. Aamche Ghar - daycare centers
4. In-house monthly publication “Prerak Lalkari”
5. Kala Pathak - the cultural troupe aimed at women empowerment