As a part of our Project HiFi (Help in Farmers interest), we are trying to assist the villagers and farmers in their efforts to restore the ponds in Delta Region of Tamil Nad, which was highly affected due to the recent Gaja Cyclone.
Delta region is one of the most important area for Agriculture in Tamil Nadu. In order to preserve the region and to rebuild hope in the people of Nagapattinam towards the importance of Agriculture, we have taken this step.
The pond is the prime water source for cattle, homes, trees, birds, wild and domestic animals. To increase water for farming, the restoring of water bodies is the need of the hour to impact people of Nagapattinam, who are employed mostly in sea-borne trading, fishing, and agriculture.
To be with the people of Delta Region in this testing times post-cyclone, Gaja, and also to bring in all likeminded people, social workers, NGOs, Corporate CSR, students, millennial and philanthropists, various foundations and industry forums to comprehensively develop and restore water bodies, as identified above; and show this as a development project model to the world.
The objective is to improve the livelihood of farmers and create it as an example district to learn from.
Restoration of these ponds will:
• Act as water storage
• Provide drinking water for all the villagers
• Improve ground water level and help to feed thirsty animals and birds.
Expected impact of the program is to make Nagapattinam a water surplus district.
1. More than 6 acres of dry land can be rejuvenated as water bodies leading to more than 3,000 people will get benefited.
2. Water Supply for Agriculture.
3. Water storage area during floods and heavy rains and thereby helps in avoiding flooding of villages.
4. Surplus Crop production
5. Self Sufficient District.